The name of the organization is "The University of New Mexico Parent Association", hereinafter called the "Association". Its principal office shall be located at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Association is an organization whose purpose is to support and promote the interests of parents of students of the University of New Mexico (UNM).
The membership will be comprised of parents and family members of current and former students of UNM.
The mission of the Association is to:
- Promote student success and academic excellence
- Engage parents in the university’s mission and goals
- Assist parents to play a supportive role in student education
- Provide a forum for networking with other UNM parents
The roles of the Association are:
- Support – for parents as they embrace the transition of their children into university life and adulthood.
- Communication – to help ensure that parents have timely and accurate information about UNM through facilitating two-way communication.
- Connection – to other UNM parents and to the university’s vast array of services.
- Outreach – to parents who live both locally and afar.
- Spirit – that provides parents with meaningful, energizing, and enjoyable opportunities to become a vital part of the UNM Community.
- You can see a full version of our UNM Parent Association Bylaws here.
You can see a full version of our UNM Parent Association Memorandum of Understanding here.
You can contact the Parent Association at:
Phone: (505) 277-0790